Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Thinking clearly "ALL" of the time... LOL :D

Alright...  so it is pretty much an impossible task to think clearly every moment of the day...  (and night).  Last night was no exception! The kids were experiencing their typical highs and lows which happen from time to time, (more often than not!)  Well at about 3 a.m I could not figure out why on earth Kalee's omnipod would not deliver her a correction bolus.  I was trying to be so careful as to not wake her by my fumbling with the pod.  In trying to move Kalee to a different position for a better signal, I obviously woke her...  She glared at me with such a puzzled look, and said, "What are you trying to do??"  Now in my frustrated mom voice, I replied.. "What does it look like I am trying to do..  I am trying to give you a correction bolus!"  To which Kalee replied, "Then why don't you use my omnipod and put away Michael's.."  LOL !.  I was trying to bolus Kalee with the wrong insulin pump...  I had her brothers instead!!  My brain must have turned off after 2 a.m...  I have to laugh it off other wise I might sit here and turn on the tears ... although, a good cry can be very cleansing every now and then ;)  Oh well.  Today is another day!  Hope my "brain fog" goes away.. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment