Monday, January 14, 2013

Couldn't this get, "Just a little easier?" ;)

Well, today is A1C day...  and to be honest, I never actually look forward to this.  First of all, watching my children have their bloods drawn is not pleasant for me at all.  It especially used to break my heart when they were much younger and would put on those brave..  "Aren't you proud of me mommy," faces.  Secondly, I cannot imagine that Kalee's a1c is going to be too fabulous with all of the fluctuations that have been occurring with her blood sugar lately.  Michael will be in a good range...  He, thankfully, seems to be much more controlled right now than Kalee has been.  The kids never look forward to this appointment so it puts me on the "Bad Guy" list :(  Some how every dislike and bad thing that happens seem be the moms fault in our house.   I can't help wondering if  this will ever get easier :(  I go through the same conversation with my 15 year old, which eventually evolves into an argument over and over again hoping that one of these times she will understand that what I am trying to instill in her are healthy choices and good decisions to keep her well.  Instead in Kalee's mind, I am just mean....:(  I fear that Michael is slowly creeping down the path of ... "Testing my blood sugar is getting old now." I have watched him go from jumping up in the morning, testing and rushing to find me to convey his blood sugar reading to... handing me the meter and his finger and saying, "Here mom, I need to test."  I understand that Type 1 gets old very quickly but.....  couldn't it just get a little easier??  It is so constant and around the clock that it can consume a person if you allow it to.  I try not to do this but in all honesty I have to say it is a very difficult task.  I am off to pick the kids up early from school now for our Dr.'s appointment so..  please say a little prayer for the a1c's to be good and for this to some how, some way, "Get a little easier" <3




4 comments:

  1. hope all went well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the well wishes... Moms tend to take things harder than the kids seem to at times. I appreciate the support :)

      Delete
  2. I couldn't agree you more. Aren't we all parents just wish we can vanish their pain. They're young, full of vigor and have not fully understood the need to take care of themselves. When I was first diagnosed with diabetes 5 years ago, it took a few months for me to finally have a grip on it. Eventually, I have gotten used to it. In time, I'm sure they do.

    actos lawsuit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the support... I am hopeful that in time the kids will get used to this.... It would be nice if it weren't so constant though. Everyone desereves a break. Hope you are well. Thank you for following!

      Delete