Saturday, December 1, 2012

When It Rains, It Pours... ;)

Well, I am fairly certain that from reading my past few blogs here and there you can probably get the picture that "Things" in general, have been far from perfect in this household lately ;)   Today is Friday and to put it mildly, I am glad that this week is winding down.  My husband left Monday for his last week of training in New Hampshire. The same Monday that Michael's insulin pump randomly deactivated his omnipod as the school bus was coming down the road to pick him up for the start of the new school week :(  Thank God for Grandma- who lives across the street, and was awake, dressed and willing to drive Michael to school once a new omnipod had been replaced...  This is the same Monday that my cell phone (which the kids call and text me with blood sugars through out the day on) decided to stop taking incoming calls!!  After hours of frustrating conversations with my celluar company, it seems, for now, that the problem has been resolved...  Okay, sigh.... Monday's crisis seems to be winding down. Tuesday morning...  6 a.m..  Wake up time!  The kids blood sugars seem fairly stable, everyone has gotten themselves together in a timely fashion and Michael has ten minutes to spare before the arrival of the school bus.  He turns the televesion on and drops the remote...  Okay, not a big deal, this happens frequently in our house.  The t.v screen turns an odd bluish color so I unplug the t.v and the cable to reset the televesion.  The picture comes up beautifully after a few minutes but...  there is absolutly no sound!!  Oh my goodness..  Maybe it is the mute button..  NOPE. The t.v is not on mute..  Trying to hide my frustration, as the bus is now heading down the street...  I grab Michaels backpack and send him on his way...  All the while in a state of panic, as now...  I have no t.v.  It is broken :(  Somethings in life I do not hesitate to replace  immediatly..  The washer, the dryer and of course the t.v!  I quickly got on-line, in a frenzy, determined to purchase a new one, when the voice of rational (my mother) tried to persuade me to contact the cable company.  I explain, to her, that the sound going on a t.v is not a cable issue..  it is a television issue but Mom convinces me to call.  After a half and hour on hold and fifteen minutes of directions and a walk thru on how to get into seven different screens, from "Mike the cable guy" the problem had been resolved...  My mother (and Mike the cable guy had just saved me $500.00!).  Okay, Tuesdays crisis seems to be resolved!  Wed. went by unscathed, with just a few night time high blood sugars which came down nicely by morning.   As Thursday came around I was feeling like just maybe we would come out of this week with our sanity in tact..  The day went well..  Kalee had a late afternoon six month check up, at the Albany Med. Neuro. Dept. (Just to check in for migraines.)  We got a good report from the Dr. and were about to leave, when this hot, faint feeling came over me.  I said to Kalee, "Lets just take a seat in the waiting room for a moment until this feeling passes."  We sat and about three minute later I was ready to head through the hospital and out the doors to the parking lot.  Once in the car, Kalee tells me that she can't find her cell phone...  Really??  You have got to be kidding me, right??  No.. NOT KIDDING.  She had it in the neurolgy office and now it is gone.  After pulling myself together enough to stop ranting we walked through the parking lot, into the hospital, up the elevator into the office... where there was no cell phone.  We moved chairs and called it about 100 times but to no avail.  I finally gave up and decided to leave.  We got in the car and headed home.  I wasn't speaking because I knew I'd cry and rant, once home, Kalee takes her coat off and casually says.. "Oh my goodness, here is my phone in this hidden pocket." I was relieved  but wanted to scream at the same time...  By midnight the stomach bug had hit me, thus explaining the hot faint feeling that came over in the Neurologist office.  So now it Friday...  My husband is home, my stomach thing seems better and the week is winding down..  But I think this past Monday through Friday could be titled: Our Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week.  Much like children's book written by Judith Viorist about Alexandars Terrible, Horrible , No Good, Very Bad day...  ;(  Hopes for a better weekend to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment