Monday, December 31, 2012

Today has been one of those: "I hate diabetes days."

When I woke up this morning I felt an odd feeling of anxiety which I hadn't felt in a very long time.  My daughter, Kalee, has been struggling this past week with very high blood sugars and at times my fears and frustration can get the best of me...  When I say fears....  I am referring to fear of how these high blood sugars are affecting Kalee's long term health.  Frustration of why after all of these years of caring for diabetic children can't I get it right!!  I know that these thoughts can seem irrational...  but I'm only human and for some reason today it all seemed to hit me like a ton of bricks.  As I gave Kalee an injection of novelog in hopes that her blood sugar would come down faster...  I put on a tough front but part of me wanted to fall apart. I guess you would say that I am having one of those "I hate diabetes days!!"  I'm entitled aren't I??  We are off to bring in the New Year with some friends and family tonight and part of me wants to jump under my covers with the blankets pulled over my head :(  As I head out this evening with a smile on my face and my husband and children by my side I will do the big Happy New Year thing with hugs and kisses and horns and whistles.  I'm taking a deep breath and moving on trying to convince myself that I can only do the best that I can.  Happy New Year my friends...  Prayers for a healthy 2013 <3

3 comments:

  1. I will join you in praying for a healthy 2013..Shane's numbers have been high too. Close to 400 and over that at times. It is so frustrating. Happy New Year Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. April.. It's nice to hear from you. I am sorry that Shane's numbers have been high too. This time of year is when I tend to see the really high blood sugars in our house. I keep telling myself to "Think Spring" but we have a long winter here in NY. I know exactly how you feel when you say "It is so frustrating". Have a Happy New Year and please keep in touch!



      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete