Sunday, December 30, 2012

Goodbye 2012 and Happy New Year!! ;)

As 2012 winds down my hope and prayer is that we are one year closer to a cure for all of our Type 1 families out there. In reflecting upon the year I would have to say that it has definitely been filled with the ups and downs of good days/ bad days... High blood sugars and low blood sugars. Pumps working and pumps failing. I have been blessed by this blog... It has allowed me to encounter so many people that know exactly how it feels to have that lump in your throat as the b/g meter reads a blood sugar of 435 and the feeling of satisfaction/ even happiness when at the end of the day the average blood sugar has been 136. I am grateful for all of the support that has been given to me from so many who go through the daily task of caring for and raising children with Type 1. I must say that I learn so much about strength and endurance from my children. Their resilience is amazing to me. Although, 2012 hasn't been a perfectly easy road (when you find that easy road would you please let me know?) It has been a road full of life lessons which have made me more knowledgeable than I was the year before. As I sit here typing in my bed at 3 a.m (just after a blood sugar check)... looking back upon the year brings on a feeling of melancholy. My hearts desire is a cure for our children... I am hopeful that this is on the horizon, and grateful that I have them in my life to love and learn from... Happy New Year to all of you Type 1 families. I know that life affected by Type 1 isn't easy... in fact, it is down right difficult at times... I am holding on to the hope that with each year we are one step closer to a breakthrough... So bring it on 2013!!! Love to all of you <3

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mary! Just found your blog - your kids are beautiful! My oldest was dx Jan 23 of 2012 and my littlest tested positive for 3 auto-antibodies so I am just watching & waiting... So glad 2012 is over. Hoping for a drama-free 2013!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Krissy... Thanks for finding my blog! You are coming up on one year since your oldest was diagnosed so I know that you can certainly relate to my feeling of "Goodbye" 2012. Lets hope for a much better 2013 for all of us! :)

      Delete