Saturday, February 16, 2013

Road to Recovery :)

Well.... I am eleven days post surgery and I must say, it's been a bit more of a struggle than I had anticipated.   The kids ( my main concern) while I was in the hospital, did fine.  Blood sugars cooperated, which alleviated some of the "mom"stress.  The surgery was more entailed than originally thought.  What went from a supposed one hour procedure turned into a three and half hour operation.  There was a great deal of nerve manipulation and although I can walk, I am very unsteady with little to no feeling in my left foot.  I will begin physical therapy this week so, I am hopeful that I can regain some strength back.  Being home has been somewhat of a journey because, as you parents know... Type 1 diabetes does not care if mom is "under the weather."  Since I have been home...  Michael caught a cold...  (colds are no friend of blood sugars)..  His blood sugars have been through the roof!  He is finally on the up scale, feeling good and blood sugars stabilizing (for the moment). ;)  Kalee.... thankfully, has really "stepped up" while I have been down.  She has helped in taking care of her brother as well as keeping on top of her own blood sugars which has not been easy.  I want to thank everyone for their prayers and well wishes.  Please keep them coming.  I have a longer road to recovery than I had hoped ( I must be a little delusional)  but I believe that in time... (who has time...  I am a mom!!)  I will get back to where I need to be.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh Mary! I've been wondering how you were doing and praying for you!! I'm glad it's over, but so sorry your surgery and recovery has been so difficult!! :( I will keep praying! Hang in there and know that we are praying for you and your family!!
    Hugs,
    Benita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Benita... Please keep the prayers coming!!! :)

      Delete